Some of our most unforgettable gaming experiences have been those enjoyed in multiplayer.
Whether it’s a particularly satisfying round of Fortnite or a nail-biting match of FIFA, multiplayer gaming can often scratch an itch that single-player gaming simply can’t reach.
When a session has been particularly edifying, we often want to find players we’ve played with recently, especially if they’re players we don’t know and we want to add them to our friends list.
You might be going through this as well, but Sony doesn’t make it easy to know how to find players met on PS5.
That’s where we come in! Here’s our handy guide on how you can search up players you’ve recently encountered on your PlayStation 5 travels.
Finding players you’ve met on PS5 is actually pretty easy
Happily, it’s not difficult to find players you’ve recently played with on PS5, so here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Head to the Home screen. You can do this by pressing the PlayStation button if you’re in the middle of a game, or if you’ve just fired up your PS5, it’ll probably be the screen you’re currently looking at.
- Find the Game Base icon. The icon you’re looking for is called “Game Base”, and you’ll find it at the bottom, next to the Notifications icon (which looks like a little bell). The Game Base icon itself resembles two stick figure-type people with a circular base beneath them.
- Select the “Parties” window. You’ll be given a choice between two windows: Parties and Friends. You should select “Parties”.
- Select the Plus icon next to “View All Parties”. Within the Parties window, you should see an option marked “View All Parties”. Next to that option is a plus icon, which you should then select.
- Select “Played Together”. Once you’ve chosen the plus icon, you should then be taken to a menu with three options: Search, Friends, and Played Together. Navigate over to Played Together and you’ll see a list of people you’ve recently played with on PS5. Et voila! It’s that easy.
How to add a PS5 player you’ve recently played with as a friend
Adding PS5 players you’ve enjoyed games with as friends is also very easy indeed. Once you’ve completed the steps outlined above, all you need to do is visit the profile of the player you’ve searched for and add them as a friend.
Of course, it’ll be up to them whether or not they want to accept your request, so don’t be offended if they don’t become your friend; they probably don’t know you too well, after all!
How to block or report a PS5 player you’ve recently played with
Once again, the steps for blocking or reporting players you’ve recently played with, whatever your reason might be, are very simple indeed.
All you need to do is navigate to their name via the same method you used when finding players you’ve recently played with on PS5, i.e. head to the Game Base and then to the Parties window, then Played Together from the plus icon.
From there, you will hopefully be able to see the name of the player with whom you’ve played and who you want to block or report.
Select their profile, then scroll left and you will see an option marked “More”. This is where you’ll find two further options marked “Block” and “Report”.
Blocking a player is very straightforward indeed; you simply select the Block option and you won’t be able to interact with that player at all anymore, so this is ideal if you just don’t want anything to do with a player in future.
Alternatively, if a player has done something objectionable or offensive and you want to try and make sure they’re punished for that behaviour, you can report them.
Behaviour should be reported if it breaks the PlayStation Code of Conduct, which you can read in full here. Breaches include vulgarity and offensive behaviour, bullying, infringement of intellectual property, and spreading lies.
You can either report players’ profiles or their messages, and the same report criteria generally apply to both, although if you’re reporting a profile then you can also report it on the basis of username, picture, and bio.
If you’re playing on PS5, you can report specific voice chat messages too, although this functionality is sadly unavailable on PS4, so you’ll have to be a PS5 gamer if you want to report a player for an objectionable voice message.
To do this, simply head to the PS5’s control centre, then choose the voice chat card where the conversation happened.
From there, select Report, and you’ll be prompted to follow a series of instructions in order to select a voice chat clip. You can report up to 20 seconds of talking that happened within the last 5 minutes of a voice chat.
If you don’t know who it was that was talking at the time, you can select “I’m Unsure”, so don’t worry if you’re not a hundred percent certain of who it was that contravened the PlayStation Code of Conduct at the time.
As you can see, it’s pretty easy to find players you’ve recently played with!
Whether you want to search up those players so you can enjoy another gaming session together or make sure that they’re appropriately punished for offensive behaviour, Sony has made it straightforward and simple to find people on PlayStation. Hopefully, you’re searching for the former reason and not the latter!